Colourful pop art inspired zombie Body Paint

image5-copy

This was my first attempt at body painting. Although this was originally inspired by a youtube tutorial, I switched it up a bit and did my own twist on this look. I used water activated body paints for the first time with this and learnt that similar to traditional painting, the more water used dilutes the colour pigmentation and less gives a richer payoff of colour.

Half-burnt skeleton Special Effects makeup

image3-copy

This is meant to be a contrast of beauty and gore, as both sides of my face show. I used a lot of shading in the deeper parts of the gore side to add more dimension and pop to the look so it could look somewhat three dimensional in a 2d photo. I think doing this gave me a better understanding on contrasting shadows therefore helping me to enhance my craft. For this I used cotton balls saturated in liquid latex to create the bone structure and depth in my face. I used fake nails dipped in blood for the teeth. I painted it all with alcohol activated and water paints because they’re both very liquidous and seep into the cotton.

Popped out eyeball Special Effects makeup

image2-copy

This look was inspired by a video tutorial I found online and followed. It was the first time I’d tried the “covering your eye” method and although I completely lost any depth perception I previously had and walked into a few walls, the final result definitely payed off. I learnt a few new techniques such as how to properly anchor things with a bit of weight onto my face so they stick and don’t fall off, as well as completely covering my eye safely. To create the eye, I sculpted several cotton balls with liquid latex and adhered a cotton pad over my eye to cover it.

Exploded face Special Effects makeup

image4

I did this SFX makeup look inspired from something I saw on a television show and was absolutely fascinated by. The look is meant to replicate an exploded face, and although it looks more like a burn, I’m still very glad on how it turned out. For this, I used cotton balls and latex as well as gelatin to create a multi-dimensional and structured look.